Voting

Thursday, September 6, 2012

A New Recipe!


I came up with this recipe last night. I was not sure what to make for dinner but I needed to use up some mushrooms in my fridge. So I decided I would go with some sort of chicken, mushroom, and pasta creation lol. This is what I came up with. Give it a try and I hope you like it. It was a hit with the fam!

Chicken and Mushroom Pasta



Ingredients:

* 3 chicken breasts
* 1 package of baby porta bella mushrooms
* 1 package of thin spaghetti pasta
* 2 Tbls of grated parmesan cheese
* Olive Oil
* 1/2 cup of diced onion (adjustable of course)
* 1 clove of fresh garlic
* 1tbl fresh or dried parsley
* Garlic salt
* cracked pepper
* 1 cup chicken broth
* Lemon wedge or lemon juice
* 2 tbls of corn starch
* 3/4 cup of cooking sherry
* Lemon pepper seasoning


Directions:

Drizzle pan with olive oil. The pan should be well coated with the olive oil. Salt and pepper both sides of chicken and place in the pan covered turning once. When chicken is fully cooked reduce heat to low and remove chicken. Slice the chicken and add back in the pan with the oil. Add in diced onions and mushrooms. Season with garlic salt, cracked pepper, lemon pepper, dried parsley, squeeze lemon wedge over mixture. Add in the fresh garlic. When the onions and the mushrooms are cooked, deglaze the pan with the cooking sherry. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat add 2 tbls of corn starch stirring frequently to thicken the sauce. Add cooked pasta noodles to the mixture and mix well. Serve with a little parmesan and more parsley for color. Enjoy!

Note:

I thought maybe next time I might add a little milk to make the sauce creamy. You could always use cream of mushroom in there also.

4 comments: